Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Sunday, January 3, 2010

Reason 34

Healthtronics. At first I couldn't understand why you would be involved with a urological equipment company. But, after doing some further research, I came across your version of Healthtronics and was delighted to see it had nothing to do with peeing. I whole heartedly agree with every tenet of the program and admit my heart raced when I read them because they mirror my life so completely (further proof we should be friends, my good man). For those 6 readers out there who are unfamiliar with Healthtronics, let me enlighten you (the explanations are mine, not Jason's).
1. The camera doesn't lie. In other words, take care of your health (whether you are being filmed or not). This tenet is my least favorite, although it is probably the most important. I mean, it would be hard to follow the other tenets if I were dead.
2. Be kind. I've always believed a person gets much further by being kind than by being an ass...and it just feels better.
3. Pursue your passion with vigor. I absolutely love teaching and pursue it passionately. If you are not fortunate enough to be doing something you are passionate about, I weep for you. Find something that makes you excited to get up in the morning and then do it!
4. Don't hate, congratulate. I think this one connects nicely to #2. Be happy for those who find success and happiness, and eventually those things will come your way, too. I also appreciate that it rhymes - yes, I am a complete dork.
5. Control your breathing. I think this can be interpreted broadly. When I am exasperated with kids at work, I stop and breathe deeply (or make them take deep breaths) and immediately gain better perspective on the situation. I hear breathing helps during labor, too, but don't take my word for it. Hah! That totally makes me think of Reading Rainbow. Oh, Levar Burton, I adore you.

I will help you spread your good word, Jason. Put me down for one Healthtronics t-shirt and bumper sticker.

Healthtronics article

No comments:

Post a Comment