Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Thursday, April 8, 2010

Reason 129

My secret shame. Hi, everyone. My name is Sarah and I am a sports movie-aholic. I don't know when the addiction started. It may go as far back as my first viewing of Meatballs when I became enamored with Rudy, my eyes transfixed to the screen as he ran through the forest, leading his underdog team to victory. After that came Field of Dreams and A League of Their Own, two baseball flicks that make me weep with every viewing even though I am not a huge fan of America's favorite pasttime. Through the years I have seen almost every heartwarming sports movie released, no matter how poor the writing or unbelievable the plot. I admit to having seen Ladybugs, the Rodney Dangerfield soccer travesty, more than once. Clearly, I have psychological problems. Perhaps my affinity for watching these cinematic athletes perservere comes from my own athletic inability. I have never been particularly fond of kicking or throwing balls, running up and down fields, or huddling with a group of sweaty people to come up with some last-ditch effort that will save the game. No, I am a girl who would much rather sit on the sidelines, book in hand, occasionally looking up to watch the sports drama unfold before me. Perhaps that is why movies like Rudy and Remember the Titans suck me in every time I stumble upon one of them while flipping through the channels. I loathe football, but love the passion, agony, and triumph displayed by those well-muscled folks on that little screen. So, Jason, despite my embarrassment at purchasing a ticket for a movie like Stick It!, I will suck up my pride and accompany you to any sports movie you want to see. Afterall, every addict needs the occasional fix to get her through the lean times when every theater seems to be showing nothing but historical epics and buddy action comedies. The thought alone makes me get the shakes.

2 comments:

  1. I think we watched it together, actually :) You had such a crush on that boy with the floppy blond hair.

    ReplyDelete