Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Monday, April 26, 2010

Reason 147

Cold hands. Despite Seattle's recent sunny skies and 60 degree temperatures, my hands, especially my finger tips, have been freezing lately. I've crammed my digits under my legs, in my armpits, and between my thighs, and still the cold lingers (don't worry, I am not performing these moves publicly), and, as lovely as it is, somehow the adage "cold hands, warm heart" doesn't seem to ease the level of frigidity. Sure, I should probably take advantage of my cheap healthcare and make an appointment with my doctor to make sure I don't have some rare, degenerative disease that attacks the limbs, but I have another solution in mind that will be a lot less anxiety-inducing and, Jason, you are just the man for the job. Awhile back I read another fan's blog post about meeting you in San Francisco. Of course, she gushed about how funny and gracious you were, but what really made an impression on her were your hands, which she described as giant, warm oven mitts (I'm paraphrasing, here). Well, my friend, I could use your heat-conducting bear paws right about now. If you could hop on the next plane north and spend an hour or so holding my hands tenderly in yours, I would greatly appreciate it. I promise not to make love-sick faces at you or mistake the hand-holding for the beginnings of an actual relationship; it would strictly be a favor from one friend to another. And, once I'm toasty from my head to my toes, we can get around to doing all of the fabulous things I have mentioned in previous posts. Really, it's a win-win situation for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment