Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Sunday, April 25, 2010

Reason 146

Bumper stickers. No, I am not one of those obnoxious people who has covered her car in so many sound-bite stickers that I distract other drivers and can barely see out my back window. I do, however, have a few very carefully chosen sentiments affixed to my rear bumper/trunk area, and I am fairly certain, Jason, that you would not be embarrassed to cruise around in my car because of them. There is nary a political statement in sight, although some may argue that "Get real: Like Jesus would ever own a gun or vote Republican" leans a bit to the left - I prefer to think it's commentary on my dislike of hypocrisy. It also confuses my students, which is always a plus. What isn't confusing is my love for books, as showcased by the "Reading is sexy" sticker, and my attempt at being an athlete, as demonstrated by the "runner girl" sticker. I also have an HRC equality symbol proudly on display because supporting equal rights for gay folks seems like a no-brainer to me. I did buy a sticker of Inigo Montoyo spouting his famous words about killing his father with every intention of putting it on my trunk, but it just didn't look right against the white paint, so now it hangs in my classroom, a litmus test of sorts to identify the cool kids who have seen The Princess Bride. Over the years my cars have also advertised bands I adore, like Indigo Girls and Barenaked Ladies, as well as childhood loves like School House Rocks. Sadly, I could never track down the funniest bumper sticker I ever saw: Tree cheers for the arboretum! It's been fifteen years and I still giggle when I think of it. All in all, I think the personal beliefs touted by my car are pretty hip and suit me to a T, and I guarantee, Jason, you will never have to worry about driving around in a vehicle with me that proclaims "These colors don't run" or some other trite statement about patriotism. I think now all I need to make my collection complete is a sticker of the Muppets. If you ever see one, please kindly send it my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment