Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reason 135

Radio station agreement. Do you ever get in a car with someone and fear which rado station you will have to listen to for the next thirty minutes? Your stomach starts to twist up like a water slide and you pray you'll become partially deaf in one ear when the driver cranks up the local college station that plays techno twenty-four hours a day. Perhaps you have even declined an otherwise fabulous roadtrip offer because just the thought of listening to thumping bass and badly written rap lyrics about scantily clad women and champagne makes you want to jam blunt objects into your ears. Well, from what I have read, Jason, you and I have pretty similar tastes in music, so I think brawling over tuning the radio to the classic rock station versus the one that plays "hits from the 80's, 90's and today" (said in a really obnoxious, overly excited voice) will never enter our friendship equation. When you're in Seattle we can peacufully listen to 103.7 The Mountain, a station that plays a variety of great bands, from Van Morrison to Modest Mouse to Swell Season, or the little indie upstart down south that cranks out random hits from the 60's and 70's that will make you smile and sing along at top volume, even if you feel a tad ashamed doing so. I mean, who doesn't get a little funky when Paper Lace's "The Night Chicago Died" comes on the air? And when I am down in L.A. I will trust you to choose a station that befits our awesome musical tastes. If Ryan Seacrest's or Delilah's voice wafts from the speakers, however, I may force you to stop the car and let me out. A girl can only take so much celebrity chatter and schmaltzy love stories before she wants to do bodily harm to herself or others.

No comments:

Post a Comment