Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Sunday, September 5, 2010

Reason 273

Time zone. Is there nothing more convenient, Jason, than living in the same time zone as your friends? Well, except perhaps for living in the same neighborhood or having all the same interests or having the same body type so you can swap clothes instead of dropping cash on a new outfit for that first date (no, you can not borrow my super-cute hot pink dress, Jason). Still, I do think it's rather handy that both of us reside in Pacific Standard Time so that when we start calling each other constantly to gab about obnoxious coworkers and whiny students we won't have to do any pesky math in our heads. Add three hours? Are you insane? My brain hurts from all the teaching I did today - just hand me the phone. We also won't have to worry about spoiler alerts when chatting about reality TV show finales because we will find out the shocking results of which creepy bachelor was chosen, which insane survivalist outwitted, outlasted and outplayed, or which morbidly obese fame monger dropped the most pounds at the exact same time. Shame on those east coast people who post status updates about the winners and suck all of the anticipation right out of the big night. Also, unlike those weird states where citizens have thrown off the shackles of time change and bask in the anarchistic glow of never wondering if they need to spring forward or back, Washington and California do their little time switcheroo twice a year without fail, so you and I will always experience the four seasons simultaneously (and can continue to avoid crunching those horrible numbers in our heads). Now, if we could only synchronize our sleep patterns for mornings like this one where I wake up way too early for a Sunday and need someone to entertain me until Target opens. I'd hate to rouse you from a fabulously bizarre dream or prematurely interrupt your recovery from excessive alcohol consumption the night before just because I had trouble sleeping. I guess I'll just have to harass my mother instead since she's practically Amish when it comes to a regimented sleep routine. She really should make good use of those morning hours and churn butter or raise a barn or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment