Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Monday, September 13, 2010

Reason 279

Bumbershoot. Every year for the past forty years people from all over the area (and maybe even the country) have converged upon the Seattle Center (yep, where that bizarre Space Needle resides) for a three-day festival of music, comedy, literature and art. It's an apt name considering folks think my hometown sees a lot of precipitation. Ironically, almost nobody around here uses actual bumbershoots, which is slang for umbrellas. But I digress. The humongous event happened over Labor Day weekend with an eclectic lineup of musical acts ranging from zydeco to hip hop and spoken word to yodeling, and headliners included Courtney Love (who apparently played sober), Bob Dylan (everyone's favorite mumbler), and Weezer, a band that elevates nerdy hipness to a whole new level. I've chosen to skip the overpriced and overcrowded shindig the past few years because throngs of slightly drunk and sweaty people pretty much make me cringe, but if you really wanted to experience the mother of all music festivals, Jason, I think I could stomach an afternoon of subpar food, uncomfortable seats, and questionably dressed teenagers if it would make you happy. I'd even understand it if you wanted to buy a pair of sparkly fairy wings, down a couple of beers and join the drum circle that inevitably commandeers the south lawn each year. Just like Las vegas, what happens at Bumbershoot, stays at Bumbershoot (unless the press catches it on camera, of course). The organizers won't release next year's lineup until the spring, but when that day comes just give me a ring if a band or two catches your eye. I can only imagine the overwhelming joy and excitement I'll feel if the event planners finally realize they missed the NKOTB boat twenty years ago and book my favorite boys from Boston to play a set. I've been waiting ages for an excuse to throw on some neon leg warmers and rat my bangs up a foot off my forehead.

2 comments:

  1. this is quite the blog here! unfortunately i have no "fat book deal".
    -jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you are the actual Jason Segel (and I mean the actor, not some other guy who happens to be named Jason segel), I would much rather get another 5 minutes on the phone with you than be offered a book deal. Hope HIMYM is going swimmingly and that rehearsals for Rocky Horror (great Scott!) rock your world. Thanks for posting a comment :) Guess I have to get back to writing actual posts now. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete