Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Saturday, September 11, 2010

Reason 276

Bridges. Since you have never visited the great city of Seattle, Jason, you probably aren't too familiar with its geography. Well, without going into too much detail let me point out that folks here are surrounded by lots and lots of water. We have lakes and rivers and streams to contend with, and of course the regularly scheduled deluges this part of the country is famous for, so it was inevitable that city planners would have to come up with ways for us to move around without having to invest in amphibious vehicles (oh, how I wish the car from Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang was manufactured by Toyota!). One of the engineers' genius ides was to build floating bridges that span Lake Washington so all the rich snobs on the eastside could travel into Seattle to enjoy the theater and sports events and snooty restaurants that charge twenty dollars for a plate of cheese. Full disclosure - I live on the eastside so I can make fun of it; if you live elsewhere you better keep your mouth shut or I'll send Bill Gates after you. Anyhoo, any time you need to get into the downtown area quickly (or, conversely, want to evacuate the mean streets of Seattle for a simpler life in Bellevue), you just hop on I-90 or 520 and zip across a stretch of freeway that is literally built atop giant cement pontoons filled with air. That's right, the bridges actually float right on top of the lake, which is pretty mind-boggling when you think about it. In fact, there are only four floating bridges in the entire country and they are all in Washington state. What can your home state brag about, Jason? And no, a deadly level of smog is not impressive. When you finally realize you and I are meant to be the best of friends and then jump on a plane to fly north so we can hang out, I promise to drive you across the floating behemoths so you can marvel at the fact my little Subaru is practically sitting on top of the choppy water, seagulls gliding overhead and the majestic Mt. Rainier towering in the distance. Heck, when we get to the end of the bridge we can even turn around and enjoy the scenery all over again in the other direction. As long as I live I will never tire of the breath-taking drive in and out of Seattle and having you next to me in the passenger seat would only make it more amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment