Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reason 250

Spontaneous songwriting. I am constantly making up random songs on the fly in an attempt to clear out weird thoughts from my fairly cluttered brain. It's almost like I'm Eminem in that scene from 8 Mile where he battles another rapper to come up with mind-blowing lyrics at a moment's notice. Um, except without the sneer or the wife beater or the homophobia. My dog Molly is often the recipient of my musical masterpieces and has become so sick of my warbling that she actually rolls her eyes at me when I start to trill about the cutest canine in the world. In my defense, a lot of words rhyme with Molly, making it way too easy to whip up a song for her when I stroll through the door. Dogs, however, aren't my only target. Just yesterday morning, while pedaling by the nearby horse stables, I saw an adorably fat chipmunk scurry across the bike path. I immediately started singing a song about the miniature version of Dale, which went something like this. And a one, and a two...Cute and chubby chipmunk, runnin' cross the path; Poor old silly chipmunk, I bet you can't do math; Brown and fuzzy chipmunk, how you make me laugh! Oh, cute and chubby chipmunk, runnin' cross my path. Now, obviously you'd be more impressed by my song stylings if you could actually hear the words set to my brilliant melody, but I don't think I have the technology available to record myself into this post. Try to keep from crying on your giant pillow. If we hang out for any considerable length of time, Jason, I can almost guarantee you'll have a chance to bask in my last-minute lyrical genius, so don't be suspicious if you spot a rhyming dictionary stowed in my purse. I'll even let you add a line or two if I get stuck, since you have some experience writing songs. While a rock opera about Dracula is impressive, it doesn't quite have the appeal of a tune about rodents, though, so don't let your head get too big or try to Bogart my next radio hit. I think the world is almost ready for a musical ode to my legs: Oh, the veins in my leg are blue like the rain or a line on a roadmap to nowhere; they twist and they turn, they wiggle and squirm; reminds me a bit of spaghetti. Thank you, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment