Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Sunday, August 29, 2010

Reason 269

Soap. I am forever indebted to the scientific genius who created foaming soap. Until that magical bubbling product of sanitation was put on the market, my heart just wasn't in it when I washed my hands. Bar soap has always grossed me out, sitting in pools of murky water that mosquitoes would love to get a crack at and acting as a breeding ground for all the germs people supposedly washed off of themselves after wiping their nether regions. Blech. Liquid soap is a step up, but it generally smells funky and inevitably drips all over the counter after someone pumps the nozzle. Nope, foam is the only way to go. Once dispensed the airy bubbles sit obediently in your hand, never oozing from your palm onto the countertop, and then create a lovely lather that washes clean away, never leaving behind a sticky residue or unappealing sheen. Practically any scent you can dream up is available for frothy bathroom fun and thankfully most stores have seen the light, installing foam soap pumps next to every sink in every restroom from Syracuse to Seattle. I am such a foam soap afficianado that when I realized the bathroom in my vacation condo was stocked with generic white bars I jumped in the car and tracked down the nearest Bath & Body Works so I could stock up on grapefruit-scented soap and enjoy my vacation, confident in my clean hands. I promise you, Jason, that any time you use my bathroom there will be foaming soap at the ready and you will be overjoyed by the level of cleanliness you have achieved after doing your business. So, don't be surprised if you see me sniffing my hands or think I am spending a little too much time in the powder room. Just blame the bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment