Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Monday, August 23, 2010

Reason 262

Dream houses. Despite the fact that it gave me nightmares and was banned from our television for almost a year, I was entranced by "Scooby-Doo" as a kid. I loved the ridiculous antics of bumbling best friends, Scooby and Shaggy, as well as Velma's superior intellect and Daphne's groovy outfit. Fred, however, didn't do a thing for me and seemed completely unnecessary except as the driver of the Mystery Machine. Aside from the characters, I was also fascinated by the various haunted buildings they explored. In one episode they crept around an old house and ended up trapped in a room where the entire floor was a trampoline. I decided then and there that when I grew up I would build a house with a trampoline floor and perhaps even walls. I also thought it would be amazing to install secret passageways throughtout my old Victorian (wraparound porch required), just like the ones in Clue, and to have a dumbwaiter running from the kitchen to whatever room happened to be above it so I could pop in and out of it like Webster, that kid adopted by the ex-NFL star and his wife. Obviously, I was influenced by 80's TV and film architecture from a very young age. With my strong affinity for bizarre houses, imagine the overwhelming glee I felt when I found out your abode, Jason, has secret passageways. I almost swooned right out of my chair. When you first toured your current home Neil Patrick Harris tagged along and, upon seeing the place, proclaimed he felt like he had walked into your brain. Well, I have a feeling my brain would be well represented by your house, too. You and I obviously think alike when it comes to odd living arrangements, which is one more reason we'll get along like gangbusters when we finally meet. Perhaps I can even sell you on the benefits of a trampoline room. Just a warning, though, if I stumble upon Scrappy-Doo while wandering around your mansion I will squash him like a bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment