Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reason 115

Bad moods. Today was a doozy of a day. Actually, it was just the time from 2:45 to 4pm that was painful. Every Thursday afternoon I supervise 6th grade detention - yes, apparently I am a sadist. Generally, the students are well-behaved, content to read quietly or do homework the entire time. I teach almost every single 6th grader and the little ruffians respect me enough to meet my expectations with minimal complaint.They have earned detention for minor infractions like running in the hall or showing up late to class one too many times, and once they've spent time in my stuffy classroom after school they are not too eager to return. There must have been something in the air today, though, because three of the five students there were so disrespectful and non-compliant that I wanted to jab sharp objects into my ears and run screaming from the building, never to return. The little devils made me so crazy that I actually begged my teaching neighbor to walk them to the bathroom so I could have a few moments of peace.When four o'clock hit I shooed the delinquents from my room, hopped into my car and sped home, dreaming of the coktail I'd whip up as soon as I walked through the door. Well, by time I got home alcohol was not an option because I had an appointment looming and driving their after a drink or two didn't seem like a wise choice. What's a grumpy girl to do when she can't imbibe some tasty, tasty spirits? Crank up the tunes and dance around in her underwear. Jason, I have the perfect non-alcoholic elixir for taking those blues away and I would be pleased as punch to share it with you the next time you're in a funk. Just pop in "Hey, Eugene" by Pink Martini, strip down to your skivvies and belt your heart out. There is something about the song's catchy lyrics and danceable beat that immediately puts a smile on your face and makes you appreciate the feel of cotton undergraments, no matter how heinous your day. So give me a call, Jason, the next time you need an attitude check. I'll happily whip off my pants and dance with you over the phone. I've bet you've never had an offer like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment