Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Saturday, March 6, 2010

Reason 94

Easter egg hunts. I know what you're thinking, Jason. Easter is still a month away, so why is this crazy woman writing about egg hunts? Well, once upon a time this crazy woman was a crazy little girl who set up egg hunts for her friends every season of the year (and once in awhile hosted a Thanksgiving dinner in July). When I got the urge to hide plastic ovum filled with crappy trinkets I no longer desired, I would simply call up my neighborhood pals and tell them to saunter over in 30 minutes or so. By the time everyone arrived there would be a cache of brightly-colored eggs tucked into various nooks and crannies all over the house and yard. Sometimes I would even hide a ginormous gold egg filled with a real treasure, like a candy bar or dollar bill. Oh, the brawls that broke out over that prize! One such egg-filled event cemented my best friend status with a lovely girl who lived down the street named Claire. Some other neighbor child dragged her over for the festivities and we became glued at the hip for the next ten years. It's amazing how hokey holiday traditions can bring people together. So, if you are ever in the mood to hunt down some eggs, just let me know Jason, and I will happily set up an elaborate eggstravaganza for you and a few friends. And just in case the super secret hiding places are too tough, I'll let you in on a little secret: there is always an egg in mom's silver teapot. Heck, there may still be one there from last year. That's why it's wise to use plastic eggs at our house.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes. The giant egg that time was in the charcoal grill on your downstairs patio. I remember it fondly. :)

    ReplyDelete