Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Saturday, February 6, 2010

Reason 68

Volunteerism. My mother is a strong believer in helping out the community, and since I am practically a carbon copy of my mom, it seems I have ended up with the volunteer gene. In high school I frequently served dinner at a local men's shelter; in college I organized fundraisers; after college I worked with Americorps NCCC; and recently I have given my oh-so-precious time to a local organization called Seattle Works. Why, just today I spent a few hours at a local food bank with some colleagues, sorting donations into giant bins. We moved a little over 17,000 pounds of food in under two hours, which will help more than 3,000 local families. There is just no better feeling in the world than being a martyr and using my generous heart to make others feel petty and useless. From what I have read, you don't hesitate to throw your time and name behind non-profits either. Recently you made out with Russell Brand to raise money for Haiti (not sure why people would pay to see that, but what do I know about Hollywood?), and last year you chatted up a toy drive and cancer screenings for women in various interviews. I would also bet dollars to doughnuts that you give large sums of money to charities. If you don't you better jump on that because really, no one needs all the cash that sitcom actors make. It's kind of obscene. Perhaps once we are friends, Jason, we can volunteer together at some place worthy of our combined awesomeness. I'll start putting the word out that we're available.

No comments:

Post a Comment