Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Monday, February 22, 2010

Reason 84

Social bravery. Or rather, my lack thereof. I have always thought of myself as an introvert. I most definitely prefer to stand on the sidelines, taking in the details of my surroundings, instead of jumping into the thick of things. Most of my friends would vehemently disagree, claiming I seem to fit right into almost any social situation and don't mind having all eyes on me. If they only knew how self-conscious I get when I am in the spotlight (quite contradictory to my Leo persona), worrying that everyone is judging my boring hair, less than stellar wardrobe and every banal word that comes out of my mouth. One particular social scene that gets the butterflies in my stomach churning is karaoke, which is a shame because I love to sing more than just about anything else in the whole world and I'm pretty good at it, if I do say so myself. I have only sung karaoke in public twice in my 32 years and neither time was pretty. Perhaps it's because alcohol was nowhere to be found. Anyway, I know that you love karaoke, Jason, and I'm hoping once we become bosom buddies you will imbue me with some of your confidence and swagger so that I can get up in front of a bar full of strangers and belt out a few rockin' 80's classics. My ultimate karaoke wish is to sing "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" with someone, so you can imagine how shocked I was when you and your TV wife sung that on HIMYM. It was like the writer had somehow tapped into my secret shame and let it play out on primetime television. I bet you still remember all the words to that timeless duet, so singing by my side should be effortless. I do, however, call dibs on the Elton John part. It's better suited to my range. Everybody all together now: don't go breakin' my heart. I couldn't if I tried. Honey, if I get restless...

No comments:

Post a Comment