Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Saturday, February 27, 2010

Reason 88

Height. Looking at the two of us, some may deem us freakishly tall. These people are probably midgets. It's true that neither of us fall into the average height category - you tower over your colleagues at 6 foot 2 inches and I dwarf my puny students at an Amazonian 5 foot 10 inches - but I don't seem to notice how far my head is from the ground until someone points it out to me. I'm sure you have had perfectly pleasant people ask you to grab something off the highest shelf at the grocery store or hang a picture sans stepladder or, if you are my mother, change the kitchen calendar every month so she doesn't have to climb onto a chair and risk injuring her brittle bones. Generally, I don't mind doing these things because I know how these vertically challenged people must suffer in their day-to-day lives. What does bother me is knowing these shrimps are often looking up my nose as I try to convey some critical piece of information or staring down at a head of greasy hair when I should be feigning interest in someone's reenactment of their kitten's antics from the night before. Having people ask me if I played basketball in school or what the weather is like way up there gets old fast, but this is the cross we must bear, Jason. On the bright side, at least we'll never look awkward in pictures together - in regard to our height, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment