Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Saturday, May 8, 2010

Reason 159

Massages. I just returned from what may be the most luxurious experience of my entire life - a two hour massage. About three years ago I bought a membership at a nearby Massage Envy so that I could indulge in a monthly rubdown, but I have never enjoyed a massage that lasted so impossibly long before. Can you imagine, Jason, having your entire body kneaded and carressed (by a professional, mind you - not some chick you met at the neighborhood bar) for the equivalent of the entire running time of Trading Places? Beef jerkey time, indeed! My therapist soothed muscles I didn't know I had and made me so relaxed that I had a hard time putting on my underwear when the whole thing was over. There aren't enough adjectives in the English language to describe the incredible time I spent on that cozy, heated table. If you are ever feeling a little tense and need a massage when you're in my neck of the woods, Jason, I will happily send you Lisa's way. If you are looking, however, for a relaxing adventure of a different kind I would love for you to check out a couple of local massage parlors that I am convinced only cater to men. There has been more than one time when I have driven past a shady looking building off the freeway that advertises foot massages, its 'open' sign still lit up at ten or eleven o'clock at night, making me wonder just what kind of clientele they cater to at such a late hour. Right across the street from this business is the Red Dragon Spa, another sketchy looking place wedged between a 7-11 and a paint store, which must be a front for some kind of tawdry activity. I never see anyone going in or coming out, yet it has managed to stay open for years. Jason, we have established that if you are bolstered by enough liquid courage you become a man who knows no shame, so I would really appreciate it if you explored the services offered by these nearby establishments and then reported back to me with every salacious detail. Just think of it as a sacrifice you are willing to make for a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment