Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Friday, May 28, 2010

Reason 179

Childhood fashion statements. I was definitely not a fashion plate as a child, but I didn't rock hideous outfits on a regular basis either. Sure, white Keds were my shoe of choice for at least five years running and I did succumb to the stirrup pants craze of the late 80's (the thought of which makes me want to, like, totally gag myself with a spoon), but overall I was a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl (still am, in fact). You on the other hand, Jason, took a great sartorial risk each and every day by wearing a Superman under your clothes until you were ten years old. When you disclosed this tidbit during a talkshow interview my immediate reaction was "Um, I must know that man!" Even as a youngster you flew your freak flag high and I appreciate that. I dream of a world where it's perfectly normal to roam around town in a cape, whether one is fighting crime or simply expressing her inner superhero. I don't necessarily think we should all start dressing like those weirdos who frequent ComiCon and anime festivals in full character regalia, but some days the comfort of a cape over my clothes would be quite pleasant. Kind of like a Snuggie, but cooler. I actually own a pretty sweet purple and black cape adorned with colorful letters so I can transform myself into Word Girl once a year during my school's Spirit Week, and I admit to feeling a wee bit more powerful than normal with that swatch of fabric billowing behind me as I glide down the halls. Maybe if you and I were friends, Jason, we could create a support group for cape lovers everywhere and start a fashion movement that sweeps the country. I definitely think Stan Lee would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment