Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Thursday, May 20, 2010

Reason 170

SIFF. No, that's not some new sexually transmitted infection running rampant in community colleges across the country. It's an acronym for the Seattle International Film Festival, an incredible celebration of cinema from around the world that kicked off its 36th year tonight with a showing of The Extra Man, a comedy starring Kevin Kline. It may come as a shock since I am such a cinephile, but last year was the very first time I attended a SIFF screening. I saw the very funny Spring Breakdown, which was attended by one of the stars, the writer and the director. All three were gracious enough to stick around after the movie to answer questions from the audience and entertain us with on-set stories of debauchery, which made me geek out like nobody's business. Unfortunately, I flew solo that day because most of my local friends aren't down with the independent film scene. Now, I'm going to go out on a limb here, Jason, and presume you whole-heartedly support movies that aren't cranked out by the Hollywood machine. Afterall, you had a cameo in LolliLove, a very low-budget flick written and directed by Jenna Fischer, who happens to be in a SIFF movie called A Little Help. One of your other acting pals, Jay Baruchel, stars in a Canadian offering called The Trotsky. So, if you have a free day or two or ten in the next three weeks you should definitely fly up to support your colleagues and enjoy some funny and thought-provoking films with someone who promises not to talk once the projector starts rolling and may even share her snacks with you. As if that isn't tantalizing enough, a documentary about yodeling lesbian twins is part of SIFF's lineup. Hmm, perhaps I should go ahead and buy a couple tickets now since that's an offer no sane person could refuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment