Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Friday, June 4, 2010

Reason 185

Vocational support. Like a well-made bra, Jason, I will support you and lift you up, both when you hit upon occupational success and when you encounter a few stumbling blocks in your career. Any time a movie of yours is released, whether on a handful of screens or in every megaplex in the country, I will fork over my hard-earned money to see it (although I'm not willing to cross state or national borders - my support is not unconditional). Today Get Him to the Greek, a buddy comedy that you happened to write, opened nationwide and, despite some of the over the top scenes and questionable jokes I've been exposed to in previews, I will support my future BFF by sacrificing two hours of my weekend to watch it. I might even pay full price, which, as you know, means a lot coming from such a frugal Franny as myself. I admit that my willingness to see this Russel Brand vehicle is bouyed by the 75% freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes and the 3-star review the notoriously picky Seattle Times critic doled out, but even if the flick was deemed the next Ishtar I would still check it out because that's what bosom buddies do. Besides, my local theater is pretty cozy, so I can always call upon my supernatural powers of napping if Jonah Hill puking on himself doesn't quite hold my attention.

1 comment:

  1. I stand corrected. Apparently Jason produced the movie, but did not write it, which is a good thing because during the showing all I could think was "Jason usually writes much funnier material than this." Yes, the movie has some good moments, but overall I was more impressed by the leftover nachos I had for lunch.

    ReplyDelete