Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Reason 203

Teacher perks. Oh, joy and rapture, today was the last day of the 2009-10 school year! As much as I love my job and hanging out with 6th graders for 180 days each year, I was quite thrilled to send the little buggers home today, knowing I now have almost eight weeks of summer freedom in front of me. My classroom has been stripped of all posters, the desks scrubbed down, and hundreds of books have been crammed onto the multitude of shelves that line the back wall, eagerly awaiting the arrival of a new batch of students in September. You can also tell the year is over by glancing at the stack of thoughtful notes kids have given me in the past week and peeking into my wallet at the bulge of gift cards I have accrued. After tallying up all of those little, plastic cards, I forsee a trip to Target in my near future, a couple leisurely afternoons spent at Cold Stone begging the servers not to sing while I indulge in some chocolate-coconut-brownie creation, and many, many Starbucks drinks bestowed upon my friends and family. I don't know if you've heard, Jason, but that particular coffee company is quite popular in Seattle, with store fronts and drive-thrus found every few blocks (or sometimes in the same strip mall), so parents assume that $5-$10 Starbucks cards will make me swoon with happiness. I'll probably be banned from the Emerald City for admitting this, but I despise coffee and try to avoid stepping foot in Starbucks unless I am in desperate need of a bathroom or cup of water. Ok, I do wander into their shops occassionally, either for a Top Pot donut or Mountain music Lounge CD, but I don't anticipate spending more than a pittance there in the course of my lifetime. That, Jason, is where you come in. As of today I have around fifty bucks in coffee cards making an unsightly lump in my wallet and, if you are a fan of mochas and lattes, I would be quite pleased to burn up some of that plastic on frothy drinks for you. So, the next time we're hanging out - heck, the first time we're hanging out - let me know if you have a hankering for a tall, non-fat something or other with whip and I will gladly make it my treat. Then we can relax in the plush armchairs and be hypnotized by the "cutting edge" music being pumped out of the speakers, while discussing my diabolical plans for convincing next year's batch of kids to shower me with dark chocolate instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment