Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Sunday, June 13, 2010

Reason 194

Honesty. Unless my truths reveal me to be certifiable or will scar someone for life, I generally believe honesty is the best policy. When people ask me how I am I rarely reply with the requisite "fine," instead telling them how I actually feel, which is generally tired, hungry or super awesome. If a dear friend (or complete stranger, I guess) offers me a penny for my thoughts I willingly offer up whatever random information I am mulling over at the moment, even if there is potential embarrassment involved. I remember quite distinctly driving around town in high school with Claire, my best friend at the time, and having her ask me what I was thinking about (perhaps I was looking extremely pensive). Without skipping a beat I replied "Richard Simmons," which was the honest truth. Of course, both of us immediately cracked up because sixteen year old girls devoting think-time to a sweaty man in short shorts who visits the tanning booth way too often is a little odd, but I still believe putting a glaring spotlight on my freakishness was much better than whipping up some mundane response about the weather or traffic or the twin boys who lived in our neighborhood whom we pined for on a rotating basis. Based on what I know about you, Jason, you are a great believer in honesty as well, especially when it comes to information about yourself. You aren't ashamed to tell the world you weep uncontrollably when you watch Whale Rider or that as a young lad you pretended to be a cat who mistook your bed for a litter box on a daily basis as a way to punish your parents for the birth of your younger sister. When interviewers ask about your love life you unflinchingly dole out mortifying stories about naked breakups, awkward puppet makeout sessions, and drunken serenades, even though these tales paint you as a tad insane. I appreciate your honesty, Jason, and once we're friends I will fully support you telling me the truth (as long as it doesn't cause irreparable harm - I'm fragile enough as it is).

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember that at all, but it's hilarious!!

    I'm still trying to figure out why on earth we were so into Aron and Ryan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because they lived fifty feet away from me, probably. I mean, it's not like there's a vast array of young men to ogle when you're 16. At least you took a break to drool over the Rickster (tee hee).

    ReplyDelete