Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Reason 210

Talk show appearances. Despite the obnoxious noise the gray box emits every time a button is pressed and its constant recording of channels not covered by our cable provider, TiVo has become a necessity in our house, something that has forever changed the way my mom and I watch TV. Never bowing down to technological fads (she still owns a VCR and record player) and being resistent to any gadget that costs more than twenty dollars or so, my mother had to be sweet-talked into buying the TiVo box on that fateful December day so many years ago. Of course, now that she owns one she constantly sings its praises and only watches live television once in a blue moon. One of my favorite TiVo features is the WishList Search because it allows me to be embarrassingly lazy when it comes to stalking certain actors or subjects. Jason, you are obviously on my wish list and, truth be told, of all the thespians listed you are the only one who gets checked regularly for upcoming shows. Sadly, most of the time the only thing listed for you is "HIMYM," which I prefer to watch as an entire season once it's released on DVD, or a single episode of CSI in which you aggravate Grissom for three whole minutes, but sometimes I stumble upon a treasure trove of Jason Segel air-time, which causes me to do a manic happy dance around the family room. Such a discovery happened a few minutes ago when TiVo graciously pointed out that my future friend (that's you) will be appearing on "The Tonight Show" on July 6, "Today" on July 8 (watch out for Kathie Lee!), and "Live with Regis and Kelly" on July 9. After reducing my heart rate to a safer speed, I immediately set TiVo up to record those shows, even sacrificing some other favorites in order to do so (damn you, lack of disc space!). Jason, as long as you make the talk show rounds, you can count on me to record each gab fest, watching them repeatedly in hopes of gleaning a few new nuggets of information about you that confirm how incredible our friendship would be. I'm even willing to sit through Regis's somewhat awkward banter and Leno's corny jokes for you. If that isn't friendship, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment