Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Thursday, June 24, 2010

Reason 204

Airport pick up. My father was a bit of a vagabond growing up, moving around between Mexico and the great Pacific Northwest, and in the past fifteen years or so my mother has travelled extensively for her job, so I guess wanting to escape my condo every few months is connected to both nature and nurture for me. Unlike my brother (not sure where my parents went wrong with him), I love to fly, and after four or five months I start to get a little antsy if I haven't sat in a cramped, upholstered seat while enduring banal conversation with the stranger next to me at an altitude of 30,000 feet (I'm totally guessing on the height - cut me some slack). I also don't mind airports, despite several horrible experiences in them, including having two glass bottles of Mexican orange pop explode in my carry-on while surviving my first solo layover as a teenager and, at the naive age of nine, making a joke to the security guy about my dad having a gun in his suitcase (thank goodness this was before 9/11). Since I spend a relatively significant amount of time at airports I understand just how wonderful it is to have a loved one pick you up from baggage claim, instead of taking your chances with a shuttle bus or dropping a bunch of cash on a taxi. As your friend, Jason, I will always pick you up from Sea-Tac when you fly north for a visit. Ok, maybe not always because I have job responsibilities and whatnot, but if I can't fetch you and your bags in person I will definitely send a trustworthy family member in my stead. I would hate for your first glimpse of Seattle to be through tinted limo windows when it could be through bird-poop streaked ones while enjoying my sparkling conversation and some sweet tunes. I may even throw together an eye-catching sign with your name on it to hold up outside the terminal. Your welcome wagon has arrived, Mr. Segel - hop on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment