Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Saturday, June 26, 2010

Reason 206

Commitment to our jobs. Some lazy, apathetic folks may call us workaholics, Jason, but I prefer to think we're simply passionate about what we do for a living. Both of our professions require us to log long days and show up to gigs outside our normal work day and, while I won't speak for you, I feel a-ok about putting in some extra time if that's what it takes to be the best teacher possible (and because I don't have much of a life). I'm willing to bet that you feel obligated to fly around the country for press junkets and photo shoots long after a movie has wrapped and, while it is mentioned nowhere in my tome of a contract, I know my little cherubs would be heartbroken if I didn't show up to the occasional band concert, school play, or district-wide track meet. Heck, I've even been invited to family dinners at students' houses. Despite the 2009-10 school year coming to a joyful close a mere two days earlier, yesterday morning I dragged myself out of bed at an ungodly hour and drove to work to take part in a seven-hour meeting about our school improvement plan. It's a good thing there were mountains of blueberry muffins available to soften the blow of being presentable at 8:30 in the morning on my summer vacation to work with a team I won't even be a part of next year, otherwise I may have committed bodily harm to one of my assistant principals. Of course, I listened attentively to my colleagues, mulled over different ideas, and tactfully threw in my two cents when appropriate, all while maintaining a smile on my face and emitting vibes of positive energy even though I desperatley wanted to be napping or catching up on TiVo, because I'm a team player like that (it probably also helped that I was cracking jokes about the math curriculum being called T&A and affixing Post-its labeled 'dork' to the person sitting next to me). So, Jason, when our careers start to wear us down we will have each other to complain to and we can enjoy our peaceful martyrdom together. I'll never tell you to get down off that cross, dear friend. Sure, someone might need the wood, but nowadays there is plenty to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment