Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Reason 211

Muzak dance parties. Back in high school, before I was cynical about love, I eagerly read and reread a book called 1001 Ways to Be Romantic so I'd be prepared for the day when I found a quirky partner whom I could shower with love and affection. One of the tips the author suggested for sparking some passion in your relationship was spontaneously dancing to soft rock hits being pumped over the PA system at grocery stores. That's right, nothing will get your motor revvin' more than grooving to a little Barry Manilow in the produce section. I think it's all those bananas. As hokey as the author's suggestion may be, I do find the idea of unexpectedly doing a few swing moves or showing off one's swivel hips in public to be quite charming. We've already established, Jason, that you were born with a complete lack of shame and have natural rhythm, so you would be the ideal partner for grooving with me in an elevator or department store. Start thinking of a few choice moves now, because if "Forever in Blue Jeans" is ever cranked up at the local mall I will grab your hand and expect you to shake what your mama gave you. Just don't steal my thunder or you'll be rubbing your sore feet all alone and begging the clerk at Cinnabon for a ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment