Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Sunday, June 6, 2010

Reason 187

Sports. One look at me and most people would rightfully assume I'm not much of an athlete. I just don't give off that jock vibe. A conversation about baseball or hockey will hold my attention for maybe five minutes and I would rather sit and stare at a wall all day than attend a professional football game. I'm not anti-sports, as demonstrated by my occasional willingness to take in a Mariner's game at Safeco field or a Storm basketball game (in fact, I am watching the ladies play right now and they are destroying Phoenix). I did take ballet and tap classes when I was in elementary school (I make an excellent dancing poodle), sat in the dugout many a weekend during T-ball season, and played on a soccer team for a few years, which is pretty much required in this part of the country, but overall I always found books and movies to be much more worthwhile ways to spend my time. Besides, following rules and working as a team have never been strengths of mine. As Pee Wee would say, I'm a loner, a rebel, and that isn't a good fit for organized sports. My avoidance of almost all things athletic benefits you in two ways, Jason. First, I will never want to crash your time in front of the TV watching the Final Four or some other God-awful event. I am certainly independent enough to find other ways of filling my time and will leave you alone until the final buzzer. Also, if you ever convince me to throw some sort of equipment around it is almost guaranteed you will look like an all-state champion next to little ol' me. You would definitely beat me at racquetball, a game of HORSE, bowling, and even a round of croquet. The only activity I may have a fighting chance of beating you at is Frisbee or perhaps cricket, which I played a few times in high school and was surprisingly skilled at. So, Jason, the next time you need to lord your athleticism over someone, feel free to give me a call. Just watch out for my Googly - it will knock you on your ass if you're not paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment