Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Monday, June 28, 2010

Reason 209

Respect for your stuff. Perhaps it's because my parents started taking me to our neighborhood library at a very early age or because I have an older brother who mercilessly tortured me if I touched anything he owned, but I have always tried my darndest to return borrowed items in the same condition they were loaned to me. If you ever trust me with one of your books, Jason, I promise not to dog ear the pages, crack the spine or drop it in the bathtub, making it a bloated, unreadable mess. Any DVD I beg to borrow will stay in its protective case until the moment I slip it into my player, my greasy fingers never touching the underside of the disc. If I am hanging out at your house and need to slip into your favorite t-shirt because I spilled pasta sauce down the front of my ensemble, I will wash my funk out of the garment and place it lovingly on a plastic hanger before returning it to your closet. Through the years I have loaned out many personal items to friends and family only to have my possessions scratched, torn, bent or lost, so I know firsthand how frustrating it can be to trust someone with your super cool 1980's compilation CD only to find it sitting in a puddle of beer with the heinous, sticky-fingered roommate nowhere to be found. I have even lived with someone who stole a knife, spoon and fork from me and then had the audacity to claim she had purchased the utensils at Target. Um, since when do stores sell single sets of cutlery, moron? I'm a little wiser these days, requiring friends to put down a deposit and provide me with both a copy of their driver's license and a DNA sample when they borrow something from me, just in case I need to involve the authorities in order to track down my precious goods; but since you are such a swell guy, Jason, I may only ask you to sign a lengthy contract. You will never have to ask the same of me, though, because I am a respectful, responsible friend who will always return your valuables in the same shape I borrowed them. It may be a year or so before you get them back, but at least you can take comfort in knowing they were treated well during that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment